Nozzles are very common consumables on laser cutting machines, and they are also very important parts in laser cutting. It is located at the bottom end of the laser head, very close to the work piece, and the focused laser and high-pressure airflow are shot through the nozzle, so it plays a very critical role in the cutting process.
The nozzle can assist the rapid ejection of gas, which can effectively prevent debris such as molten stains from bouncing upwards, thereby protecting the focusing lens. At the same time, it can control the size of the gas diffusion area, which will affect the cutting quality of the laser cutting machine. At the same time, the aperture size of the nozzle will vary according to the thickness of the cutting material. The replacement cycle is generally about two months.
The Relationship Between Laser Cutting Machine Nozzle And Cutting Quality
When the center of the nozzle is not coaxial with the center of the laser, the influence on the cutting quality:
- Affect the cutting section. When the cutting gas is ejected, the gas volume is uneven, which makes the cutting section more likely to have molten stains on one side and no phenomenon on the other side. It has less impact on cutting thin plates below 3mm. When cutting a sheet of more than 3mm, its impact is more serious, and sometimes it can’t be cut.
- It affects the quality of sharp corners. When cutting workpieces with sharp corners or small angles, local over-melting is easy to occur. When cutting thick plates, it may not be possible to cut.
- Affects perforation. It is unstable during perforation, and the time is not easy to control. The penetration of thick plates will cause over-melting, and the penetration conditions are not easy to grasp, and the impact on the perforation of thin plates is small.
Selection of Nozzle Aperture of Laser Cutting Machine
The aperture of the nozzle is φ1.0mm, φ1.5mm, φ2.0mm, φ2.5mm, φ3.0mm, and so on. At present, two kinds of nozzle apertures, φ1.5mm and φ2mm, are often used. The difference between the two is:
Thin plate below 3mm: when φ1.5mm is used, the cutting surface will be thinner; when φ2mm is used, the cutting surface will be thicker, and the corners are prone to melting.
Thick plates above 3mm: Due to the high cutting power, the relative heat dissipation time is longer, and the relative cutting time also increases. With φ1.5mm, the gas diffusion area is small, so it is not stable in use but is basically usable. With φ2mm, the gas diffusion area is large and the gas flow rate is slow, so the cutting is more stable.
The hole diameter of φ2.5mm can only be used for cutting thick plates over 10mm. To sum up, the size of the nozzle aperture has a serious impact on the cutting quality and perforation quality. At present, the nozzles with φ1.5mm and φ2mm apertures are mostly used in laser cutting.
Therefore, when the nozzle aperture is larger, the relative protection of the focusing lens will be worse, because the spark of the melt splashes during cutting, and the probability of bouncing up is high, making the life of the lens shorter.
The concentricity between the center of the nozzle and the laser is one of the important factors for the quality of cutting, especially when the workpiece to be cut is thicker, its influence is greater. Therefore, the concentricity between the nozzle center and the laser must be adjusted to obtain a better cutting section.
Note: When the nozzle is deformed or there are molten stains on the nozzle, its impact on the cutting quality is the same as the above-mentioned. Therefore, the nozzle should be placed carefully and not bumped to avoid deformation; the molten stain on the nozzle should be cleaned in time. The quality of the nozzle has high precision requirements during manufacture, and the installation method also requires the correct method. If the cutting conditions need to be changed due to the poor quality of the nozzle, the nozzle should be replaced in time.
Recommended Equipment: Open Type Laser Cutting Machine
- Using imported servo system drive and imported transmission system, linear guide rail guide, to ensure the high speed and high precision of the equipment, and effectively improve the production efficiency of customers;
- Using a large gantry machine tool, the geometric accuracy of the machine tool is within 0.03mm, and it has high precision and stability;
- The laser head is equipped with automatic focusing function, and the perforation time is reduced by 80% compared with the ordinary cutting head;
- Parabolic motion is adopted between the cutting contours of the cutting head, and the contour switching process automatically realizes “leapfrog”, which greatly improves the cutting efficiency;
- With function detection, automatic diagnosis, fault isolation, fault analysis and data display system, rapid troubleshooting can effectively reduce the cost of after-sales service;
- Professional laser cutting software, with graphics layout and sharp corner smoothing functions, can achieve high-speed drilling and fast cutting functions.
It is mainly used for fast cutting of carbon steel, silicon steel, stainless steel, aluminum alloy, titanium alloy, galvanized sheet, galvanized sheet, copper, and other metal materials.
Laser Cutting Machine For Sale
- 1000W Laser Cleaning Machine For Removing PaintProduct on sale
- 1500W Laser Cleaning Machine For Removing RustProduct on sale
- 2000W Laser Cleaning Machine For Rust RemovalProduct on sale
2 thoughts on “How to Choose The Nozzle of Laser Cutting Machine?”
If buy laser cutting machine from HARSLE, how much nozzles can you send me?
Can you tell me which type laser cutting machine do you need?